Smoking Cessation Sessions
Smoking Cessation Sessions are designed to assist you in your efforts to quit smoking. The program at Columbus Community Hospital uses the method endorsed by the American Lung Association.
Benefits of the program include:
- Individualized private counseling sessions with a nurse trained in smoking cessation.
- Smoking cessation plan established by the nurse and the patient during the visit.
The smoking cessation plan will help you:
- Prepare to get ready to quit
- Identify sources of support
- Reestablish healthy lifestyle habits
- Evaluate if nicotine replacement products may help
- Be prepared for situations that may lead to a relapse
Follow up visits and phone calls are directed by each patient’s needs.
For more information please contact CCH Educational Services Department at 402-562-3322.